Thursday, February 27, 2020



The Star of Persia
By
Jill Eileen Smith

A must read! A fabulous book you will not be able to put down! The Star of Persia is a book that draws you in from the very first page. This is the second book I have read of Jill Eileen Smith and it defiantly won't be the last. She know how to pull you in from the very first page and I couldn't put it down.

Synopsis - In Xerxes world, he was wanting to complete a task that his father started.  This task was finish his plans to win a war.  While he was planning this war, there was trouble brewing between his two wives.  Vashti and Amestris were by no mean friends.  Vashti was the love of the kings life and Amestris and the kings mother couldn't stand that.  Then there was a time that Hadassah was brought into the picture.  Her name was changed to save herself and her people.  Esther was born and a new queen was born in Persia.  This story is filled with courage, love and duty to fulfill the past.

My thoughts - I could tell that a lot of research went into this book.  Jill Eileen stayed to the story of Esther.  I have to say that I don't remember a story that touched me more that this story of Esther.  Esther showed real courage in a difficult time in the bible.  One woman stood up and helped to save the Jews from destruction.  It is through her love and faith of God that helped her and protected her.

I will give this book a 5 out of 5 stars

I will be recommending this book to friends and family

I received this e-book from the publisher through Netgalley. I was under no obligation to do a review.  All thoughts and feelings are mine own.

No comments:

Post a Comment